Monday, November 3, 2008

Its almost time...

By this time tomorrow, I will have cast my vote (hopefully, I won't still be standing in line). I can only hope that more people will vote for McCain/Palin than for Obama/Biden.
I am really glad this is almost over. I am tired of listening to the constant barrage of lame attacks against both candidates. I am tired of hearing about the weird extremists (on both sides) doing completely cracked out things, thinking they are supporting a candidate, when really all they are doing is making themselves assholes.
I hope that America as a whole will make a decision that it will be proud of and will not regret. I can only hope that other Americans will take this last day to really think about what it means to be an American and everything that this country has fought for throughout our history. I keep hearing "fair", "is it fair that...", "we need to be fair to...". Whatever happened to "life is not fair"? I heard that alot growing up, and I say it alot to my kids.
Are we a country of pussies, who think everything should be handed to us on a silver platter, not because we earned it, but because so and so has it? I, for one, am not a pussy! I don't expect anything to be handed to me. Its funny to me that I struggle from week to week to put food in my house and gas in my car, when there are people buying $400 worth of bed linens and in the same trip using food stamps to buy their groceries. I just cannot fathom this. I guess they are using the system to get ahead. Is it fair to me? NO. But, life is not fair - and karma will get you in the end.
Wednesday, I guess, is the day we will see which direction we, as a nation, have chosen for ourselves.

No comments: