Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where's a Ouija Board when you need one...

What the hell does that have to do with politics? Simple, I want to summon the spirit of Ronald Reagan and ask him to take over the body of whoever gets elected. That would make me very, very happy!

I don't particularly think I'm as far to the right as Angela does, but I guess its possible.

I don't think that I was really old enough to grasp much of what was going on during Bush #1's presidency... and the only thing I really remember about Clinton was his sexual festivities in the Oval Orafice. Really, of no consequence now!
"The 8 years Clinton was in office were good years. Great economy, no war, and we had some juicy stuff to watch on TV."
We may not have been in a "war", but for some reason, Kosovo is going through my mind.

I don't agree with Obama on the issues, I don't agree with McCain on some of them either. I think they're both full of crap on some things.

Where do I stand?

Gay rights: I don't really see a need to get worked up about this issue. I'm not gay, and what gay people do has nothing to do with me. Let them have their civil unions. (See, I'm not so far to the right)

Abortion: This is a hard one. I do believe that its no one's business but mine what I do to my body, but I also believe that abortion is an absolutely horrible practice. I think abortion should only be used in extreme cases - rape, incest, and severe physical harm to the mother. I could go on and on and on, but I won't.

The Iraqi War: Ok... We are not still looking form WMDs in Iraq. There was bad intel. Any president who had the intel Dubya had would've gone looking. Honestly, if someone you trusted greatly said, "your son is smoking crack". Wouldn't you go looking for it? What if you don't find any crack? That doesn't mean your son isn't smoking it.
At any rate, we started something there that we need to finish. I don't know the ins and outs of everything going on over there. I can only hope its possible to get our troops out quickly and safely without doing any more damage to the integrity of our country.
As far as spending $10 mil a month... if it wasn't going toward the war, the government would find another way to squander it! (Can you tell, I have a lot of faith in the government?)
The answer to Foreign Policy cannot be "leave them to figure it out". We are supposedly the strongest nation in the world. We, some would say, have an obligation to be involved.

Economy: The economy sucks and the politicians are to blame... all of them! There is no quick fix to the economy. Someone explain to me how cutting taxes and increasing spending is gonna help the economy!

My brain hurts now Angela... maybe we should tackle one topic at a time... ugh!

No comments: